Last week’s post was a bit epic; this one is a lot shorter. It’s the end of the financial year, so I’m doing a bit of an audit of projects past, present and future to see what’s what.
In no particular order:
- I spent about eight times more on publishing my ebooks this year than I made back in sales. This may be some kind of record. Oh well, good thing I don’t rely on writing (or at least this kind of writing) to pay the rent.
- I made 82 cents from Smashwords sales. Pretty much ready to stick a fork in that site. But how else to get my books onto non-Amazon sites?
- Alpha-reader reports on Raven’s Blood are coming back in, and so far they’re all pretty positive. There’s work to do, but it’s not like the whole concept and/or execution is fucked. And believe me, I was worried.
- I’m behind schedule on Obituarist II, which I’m sure comes as a huge fucking shock. But the cover is done! And it’s great!
- Kinda gotta start getting my shit together for this year’s US trip in November.
- Speaking of shit, plotting out a new short story. It’s about the Devil. And bowel movements.
- Trust me, it’ll be good.
- My dog is pretty freaking cute.
- Even if he does keep stepping on my crotch when I’m trying to write.
- The X-Men: Days of Future Past soundtrack is boooooooooooooooring.
Okay, that’s me done. See you on the opposite side of the profit/loss ledger.